1. How long have you been spinning? What skill level do you consider yourself?
I have been spinning non-stop for almost 4 years.....I consider myself advanced.
2. What kinds of yarn do you create (singles/2-ply/3-ply/art yarn)?
I create all types of yarns but mainly singles and art yarns to sell in my shop.
3. What do you spin with (spindle/wheel/both)?
I have a Lendrum DT named Lenore, she is my girl. Spindles are evil incarnate and should never be approached without vodka on hand >:) or without a baseball batt. just kidding
4. What are your favorite fibers to spin with? Anything you don't like?
I love merino and any critter fiber. Cotton is miserable to spin. I always blend everything together so nothing is unusable.
5. Who are your favorite
Why Material Whirled fibers, of course! I (we, Battman and I) prep all of our own fibers.
6. What kind of fiber do you want to try?
I am open to anything.
7. Is there any techniques you would like to learn?
Um, dunno? I am currently working through some spinning technique books to entertain myself but have tried most of them at least once already....
8. Do you dye fiber? If not, would you like to learn?
I am a dyeing maniac. Love the smell of cooking wool and vinegar. mmmmmm
9. Do you have fiber prep tools (and like to use them) or would you prefer ready to spin fiber?
I do have the needed tools but also like ready to spin fibers.
10. What do you do with your handspun? What projects have you completed?
My handspuns go on my site for sale or to shops. Occasionally I keep one for myself. I have completed too many projects to list here, I am a tad obsessed.
11. Are you in need of any spinning gadgets (WPI Gauge, threading hook, etc)?
12. What colors "fall into your shopping basket"? Any colors you just can't stand?
ALL colors are delicious.
13. What is on your wheel/spindle right now?
Lenore is empty right now but I have a pile of Battman batts and a pile of singles that need some loving.
14. What other crafts/hobbies do you have?
Knitting, sewing, painting, doll art.
15. Other than crafts, what are you passionate about?
My girls are my world (Eve, 12 and Ann, 9). We homeschool so we spend a lot of time together.
And my partner, Paul, and my kitten Ezmaralda, I am kinda smitten with her right now.
16. Do you have an online wishlist?
Yep- on Amazon.... I have also been drooling around the Jaquard fabric paint/dye site lately.
17. Is there anything that you collect?
Wool bunnies on my floor? dust? trouble? Just kidding.... I do not collect anything really, I have things I like, but am working on hoarding issues. If I collect anything I suppose I it is fiber.
18. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What magazine subscriptions do you have? Books I like are on my amazon wish list and I subscribe to any mags I like already.
19. When is your birthday? May 10
20. What book or movie character do you most resemble in personality?
oh- this is hard, I honestly have no idea! I don't know anyone who is like me. Don't know if this is a good or bad thing.
21. What is the climate like where you live around this time (need to know for careful shipments of anything meltable)? I am in the Pacific Northwest, so it is never really cold and never really hot. rain rain rain.
22. Tell us one weird fact about yourself! I am obnoxiously cheerful. Even when I am moody. and chatty. and hyper-manic? and a tad distract-able, oh- that is more than one...
favorite painting/picture(link): ooh- so many! Love love love Rex Ray! And Judy Wise, and Teesha Moore.
Candy: chocolate, preferably Hershey's, and Peppermint Pattys. mmmm
Food: Mexican anything.
Drink: Vodka, ice tea, water
Movie(s): urm, another hard one, not a huge movie buff....
TV Show(s): Love Bravo shows, sitcoms, prime time soap operas. LOVE Kathy Griffin. >:)
Book(s): I am a non-fiction junkie.
Guilty Pleasure(s): yarn, fiber and yarn.