Yesterday I had a bunch of energy!
In the late morning I took the girls to our library, they had a mini-carnival for their summer reading program kick-off, called Bugapalooza.
Here they are in a blur of potato-sack racing...
My MIL (Hi Barb!) gave us some fantastic sheets she scored at a yard sale.
They have Kliban cats all over them.
I found this tutorial a few months ago so I decided to make myself some bags. However, in true Reenie form I had to change things up a bit. Rather than hemming each edge as she suggests in the tutorial, (effective but tedious) I made french seams. I also did my own version of a gusset, which made more sense to me. I used Paul's old jeans for straps. This is the prototype- I figured it was wiser to make one and work out the bugs before tacking a pile of them (which is what I usually do). I have enough sheet to make 14-16 bags! I will probably only make 8 though. I am not that ambitious when getting groceries. hee. It measures 12x15 with a 6 inch gusset---perfect size. The handle edge should fray out after some use. giving it a worn denim look.
Jackie is coming today to play and make a mess. We are experimenting with some Flour-Paste Batik techniques.
Here are some shots of the first coating of paste drying....
Today we will apply the first layer of dye. I will take more pics once that is complete.
Ezmaralda made a statement today- it was too cute to not photograph. She loves her daddy!
Spun from a Battman "Donna" batt!