Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reprograming my Self Motivational Techniques...




Adventure puppy (Stella) in the car.

whew!
super proud of myself. I dragged my chunky butt UP the mountain to the top of the falls. 1.25 miles UP. up a trail, but UP nonetheless. Then I teetered my pitiful knee tendons back down. It was rough. and humiliating.
But I did it! I took some fantastic pics!


We went to Multnomah Falls, in the Columbia Gorge. Only a 30 minute drive from our house, and breathtaking.
Paul and his girls.


I only berated myself most of the way up, even though I was proud of myself for doing it. I think I need to reprogram my self motivation techniques. Cussing and spanking oneself to motivate is perhaps not the healthiest way to go.
I mean I knew I COULD do it, I just really really did not want to. It sucked. I hate that physically-out-of-shape feeling. Even though I do understand the only way past it is to suck it up and continue, which I did.... but I was cranky.
It looked like this tree was going to crawl away.

Once we got to the top, there was a path that went upstream from the falls.
A magical place, without a doubt!


I started to see hearts everywhere!




Big heart rock. I had the girls stand with it for scale.


This rock looked like a sleeping dinosaur-- see it?

This moss (on a bridge) reminded me of a muppet face, with it's tongue sticking out! 

And here was my reward, other than the self-satisfaction of course.... the money shot over the falls!

Here are the falls (looking UP)
from the platform you see on the right (above).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank u, thank u 4 "dragging" yourself ^ the falls.
Your pics r magical, I can smell the moss & boggy
humus. The heart goddess was with u that day.
Without the effort there is no reward, love, B.