Sunday, August 17, 2008

Re-prioritize-mification

Usually I avoid online swaps and such since I tend to have enough on my plate to remember. However, this swap was too tempting.
It is called the Hush Hush Handspun Hootenany.

The other day I sent my downstream package out. The swap was a 4 oz skein of handspun, 4 oz. of fiber and goodies. Kim was fun to spin for, she gave a lot of great information. She is an amazing artist! Go see her new site.

Here is the yarn, inspired by her favorite painting, called the Fire Tree.
Click the pic for a larger verison and artist info, etc. Painted by Eyvind Earle.

The yarn will knit in stripes/sections of the oranges and blues (representing the sky) and coiled green (representing the tree).
I used a black ply to represent the silhouetted branches.

Here is the yarn with the coordinating batt:
I sent her black thread and glass beads to spin her own coordinating skein.

So much fun to spin for the sake of pure creation. I need to do more of this. Life changes. Different decisions. Re-prioritizemification.

3 comments:

bockstark.knits said...

Oh my god, you are AMAZING at matching colors! I can totally see that painting in the yarn! WOW!!!

Reenie Hanlin said...

Thanks! I loved this skein sooo much, I wanted to keep it.
I may make another.

Kimixuan said...

Thank you thank you thank you! Your yarn and batt are so spectacular, I feel so lucky (and spoiled).