Thursday, May 22, 2008

The New Project~

Reenie's Stitch Sampler Cabled Afghan (Pillows?)

Inspired by Sam's Stitch of the Week project in Lime and Violet's blog. (Sam's blog link)

I want to be challenged, but NOT over-committed to a large project right now. This I can pick at when I get a chance and the pieces can travel about with me. I am not sure if it will become an afghan/throw or pillows yet. I have plenty of time to decide.

So here are the yarns I have chosen to use. All Malabrigo worsted, because I have some in stock and it is so very yummy. The colors I have chosen are perfect for my house and they make me smile.

Colors are:
Forest Green, Apple Green, Velvet Grapes, Molly, Amoroso, Holly Hock, Shocking Pink, Buscando Azul, Jacinto, Violetas, Fucsia and Purple Mystery.

I may follow some of Sam's chosen cable patterns, but have decided to start simple-ish.
I found some free cable patterns on the Vogue site and just ordered the Vogue Stitchionary Vol. 2, Cables book. I wound all of my skeins into balls and made this handy little yarn reference card thingy for my journal. (just to satiate my OCD).




So-- first color is Apple Green and the first pattern is Flirtation, which I started last night.




I will post a pic of the first sampler when it is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your colors! I can't wait to see what you do with them.