Saturday, October 8, 2011

One Little Word Journal 2011~ Be

   After moving to the farm last October, we decided we needed to take some time to breathe a bit, to nest in here and to just BE, and focus on what direction we were to take next.
Finding this place and the events that enabled us to purchase it were nothing short of magical.
There is an energy here that is purely spiritual, and everyone who visits feels it.

When I saw Ali Edwards "One Little Word" class I knew this was an awesome way for me to slow down and focus on that magic and the word I chose  for 2011 is "BE"~

The material list for the class recommended a beautiful album with plastic insert pages. I could not bring myself to buy it, (too match match for me) so I decided to make myself a book instead...
I am a bit behind on the monthly assignments... still on February (ha), but I have read each monthly assignment and they are percolating...

You can click on any image to see a larger version~
Today I completed the cover decor...  LOVE the book. 
Made from a random photography book I scored at the local Goodwill Outlet.
I disassembled it, used the cover and bound it ala Mary Ann Moss 
using papers from my stash (my painted papers, folders, and scrapbook papers)

  Close up of the image on the cover... 
Photo is of me at about 7yo feeding the ducks at some farm/park in PA
... note the cat by my side (not my critters)...
BEing very zen... 

 The cover page is a photo of me that got all weird and neon in the printer... (happy accident) 
Over a page from my precious Rex Ray calendar from last year.



  January assignment pages...

There is  3D bee in my hair... real punny!


  Close up of fabric on the spine... scrap of Ikea fabric. 
I serged the edges then glued it over the book spine.

  Book cover laying open (facing down) so you can see the entire cover...


  I used some of my painted manilla folders from my Free Range Journal stash...
note the "people" paper snowflake from last winter...

  Some "before" pages...



No comments: