Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jonathan Adler

I have a crush on Jonathan Adler- he is so talented and I just want to hang out with him and be his best friend.


Seriously.

Click here to read his Manifesto. Here are some of my favorites...

We believe our designs are award winning even though they've never actually won any.

We believe in Aid to Artisans.


We believe you should throw out your Blackberry and go pick some actual blackberries. (funny because almost 4 acres of our 5 are covered with blackberry vines- and Paul just got a Blackberry- they really are addictive.)

We believe in infantile, happy emblems like butterflies and hearts.

We believe in carbohydrates and to hell with the puffy consequences.

We believe handcrafted tchotchkes are life-enhancing. (change tchotchkes to YARN)

We believe in blowing your nest egg on our pots. (change pots to YARN)

AND MY FAVORITE..... We believe colors can't clash.

I need to write my OWN manifesto.... hmmmm

Today I spent time between Ocean Wonder skeins to read through his site.
The fact that he has Rex Ray books for sale just cinched it. Sigh

I feel some Jonathan themed skeins coming.....

Jonathan-- do you knit? Will you be my friend?

No comments: