Tuesday, July 15, 2008

About yarn, parties, sunsets and tree frogs~

How about a short, bursty blog post?

Today I am dyeing. I bought 4 skeins of Cascade Ecological wool in tan from Stitch Craft. I decided to finally make my sweater I have been itching to knit for the past 2 years.
I am dyeing it avocado, then over dyeing with black. Here it is before the avocado.

The girls surprised me with an afternoon fruit and muffin party yesterday. They made the table fancy. It was wonderful.
Last evening the sunset was amazing- Eve took these pictures- they are not doctored at all. First pic is Mt. St. Helens. Second pic is our tree tops.



We have had a lot of tree frogs in our planters on our deck. I love the little critters, they are alien to us as there are no tree frogs in PA. One was in my dye pot this morning when I opened it. It jumped up and made me scream a bit. Click here for info on the Pacific Northwest Tree Frog.




Back to the dye pot! More pics to come.

1 comment:

bockstark.knits said...

Ooooh, you are making me miss Washington!!! What gorgeous pics!