Friday, May 21, 2010

Live Love Knit Journal~


I have been in a bookmaking phase recently.
LOVE to make them but cannot possibly ever fill them all.
Sort of like my yarns, I love to create them but will never knit them all.
So here is my new collaboration with YOU!



The cover is quilted with pieces and parts of my favorite fabrics.
The words LIVE LOVE KNIT are written/stitched with the machine onto the red velvet panel.
The acid green knit cabled panel, is from a UFO (cabled bag) I decided would never exist. Which is great, because it was really meant for this book.
The closure is a vintage red button and a chain of my handspun.
Inside the front cover is a pink pocket, great to hold your pen or cell phone.
Cover measures 7 in. x 9 inches closed.
Perfect size to slip into your knitting bag~
  
Inside hand bound pages measure 6 x 8 1/2 (largest)... others vary under that.
110 pages (counting front and back)
Pages are a collection of scrapbook cardstock, printed lined papers, copies of a yarn pattern my late memaw had written out by hand (my mom just found this and sent to me).... there are clear pockets for you to slip in notes or pics...
12 of the pages are my art collages... created specifically for this book from old craft books, parts of my paintings, ephemera I have hoarded, yarn sample cards, etc. etc. etc.
Embellishments are sewn, glued and taped in. I am sure there are other things I am forgetting to list here, so some things will be a surprise! (teehee)

Consider this a Jump Start for your art and journaling!
A collaboration~


What can you DO with a book like this?
Record your knitting projects....
Journal you thoughts, dreams, plans, prayers and intentions...
Write out your grocery and to-do lists.
Glue or tape in your favorite photos...
I can go on and list things for days, but you get the idea.


I took a kajillion pictures for you to see, there are more on the journal page in the shop.
One-of-a-kind! You will be the envy of your knitting group~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, love, love this -- such a cool journal!