Monday, January 14, 2008

Prudence!

I am so excited!


Prudence Mapstone started a project on Ravelry called the "Pink Project", where you send in your scrumbles, and she will sew them together into a masterpiece to be sold to benefit Breast Cancer research. If you are on Ravelry check out her "Pink Project" group.

Here is part of her description from Ravelry:


"a little while ago Elaine, a good friend from the Knitters Guild in Sydney, sent me a few lovely pink ‘scrumbles’ that she had made for a project that didn’t go ahead. She was wondering what else could be done with them, and so now we have decided to use them to start off a fundraiser for breast cancer research.


Remembering how much fun I had when I was piecing together all the patches and motifs contributed for the ‘coat of many Scrumbles’ project (using hundreds of scrumbles contributed by members of the International Freeform Crochet Guild), I am again volunteering to join everything together for another group project - this time to create a range of things like handbags, scarves, cushions or whatever, which we will eventually auction off (later this year) to raise money for cancer research"


Reason I am so excited? Prudence used my Vertigo (Pink and Fuchsia) yarns in her scrumbles!




They are phenomenal. Following are some of her scrumbles.




You can see more HERE.


Or in Prudence's flickr album HERE.


Off to work now, I am all inspired (and awe-inspired)! :D

No comments: