Monday, March 14, 2011

Ann's Quest Hat

I figured it's time to start sharing some of my FOs (finished objects). 
Since I spend a big portion of my time knitting... duh.

Introducing Ann's Quest Hat!
Pattern by Laura Nelkin
Pattern is available free in Knitty Winter 2011



Size 6 needle.
I used the pattern for Quest #1 (2 version in the pattern)

Only mods were that I knit a seed stitch in place of the linen stitch and I did not switch needle sizes as recommended.

Ann prefers to wear it with the brim down and to the side, gives it a cute 1920s vibe.
A really youthful way to show off your favorite vintage brooches!


Next two shots show it worn with the brim as intended.




Few more knit FO posts to go so stay tuned!
xo
reenie

3 comments:

Laura Nelkin said...

What great pics... I absolutely love your mod with the seed stitch and worn on the side, it's like a whole new hat!

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

Hey Girly:

I have some really good news!!
I recently received the Stylish Blogger Award and I am passing it on to you!!!

Hugs & Warm Wishes, CindyLew

Julie said...

that hat looks so pretty!! love the butterfly, too.