Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Peepy!




This is my all time favorite yarn….of all time.

My great grandma used to buy me chenille peeps every Easter and I remember a box of them at her house I would play with when I stayed with her, along with a plastic tea set and an old baby doll. I loved this woman. I named Eve (my oldest) after her, Evelyn Grace. Gram was Evelyn Mary and went by Evie.

She was a PA Dutch lady - which means German (somehow over the years deutsch got slanged into dutch).

She called chicken ‘peepy’. Eat your peepy!

For a while in my teens I lived across the street from her and she would cook chicken rondelets with cheese in them- do they still make them? - in her toaster oven, which took forever. The microwave we got her sat unused under the toaster oven. Chicken Rondelets with cheese and spagetti ohs.. mmmm.

She would make me breakfast each morning before school.
I miss her fiercely– she never got to know Paul or the girls but I see her in both girls.
sniff. My baby brother called her Teenymaw. So here Teenymaw- is a Peepy for you!

No comments: